Lynchburg Teeth Whitening
2 Top Home Remedies for Whiter Teeth
Before the advent of commercial teeth whitening products, there were the tried and tested home remedies that can still be used today.
2 of the best known home remedies for whiter teeth are hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.
Hydrogen peroxide is a simple and very affordable way to whiten your teeth.
For about you can get a bottle of it from your local drug store that will last for a long time.
Many people know hydrogen peroxide as a hair bleaching agent, but it can also be safely be used for teeth whitening.
This is how it works: the chemicals in the hydrogen peroxide oxidize your teeth and this removes stains, thereby whitening your teeth.
The safest type of hydrogen peroxide to use is a 3% solution which is the most commonly available concentration sold.
How to use Hydrogen Peroxide to whiten your teeth
* Make a hydrogen peroxide mouthwash by mixing 1 tablespoon of peroxide and 2 tablespoons of water
* Use this peroxide mouthwash by swishing it around your mouth for about 30 seconds after brushing your teeth
* Do this every evening and the mild bleaching process will whiten your teeth in a few weeks.
* You can also dip a cotton ball in the peroxide mouthwash and rub your teeth with it.
Baking soda has been used for decades as a home remedy against yellow teeth and even today, many tooth whitening toothpastes use it as a principal ingredient.
Baking soda is very cheap and also contributes to your oral health, making this a great home remedy.
How to use baking soda to whiten your teeth
* Wet your toothbrush and sprinkle about half a teaspoon of baking soda on your brush.
* Brush your teeth well as normal, making sure not to swallow the baking soda
* Rinse out your mouth with water
* Do this once a day and you will notice your teeth getting whiter within one month.