In this video I’m going to show you how to whiten/brighten up teeth in Photoshop CS6.
Since most people have slightly stained teeth, this is a great tool to have in your Photoshop belt.
I just want to whiten the teeth up a little bit… I don’t want it to look too edited.
1. Create new fill/adjustment layer, and select “Hue/Saturation”
2. Under Presets, change “Master” to “Yellows”.
3. Bring Saturation down to ~70.
4. Bring Lightness up to ~70, then close pop-up box.
5. Hold down “command” + “i”.
6. Let’s paint our white settings back into the teeth. Select “b” on the keyboard for brush, adjust the size of the brush, and then zoom in on the photo. Paint over the teeth with the brush tool and make them white.
7. Select original/background layer and duplicate it (“command” + “j”).
8. Select the copy layer and select the Hue/Saturation layer together (hold “command”/”control”), then right-click and select “Merge Layers”.
9. The image is now ready to save/export. Go to File → Save As, or File → Save for Web – make sure JPEG High is selected, select your dimensions, and then save to your computer.
You’re now ready to go!
I hope this video was helpful in showing you how to whiten/brighten teeth in Photoshop CS6.