TEETH WHITENING CHAIR SIDE PROCEDURE PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT:
Ask client to brush their teeth before their appointment.
Confirm the appointment at least one hour prior
Make sure you have everything you need for the appointment
– Chair (if applicable)
– Led light and Power Cable
– Protective Glasses
– Cheek Retractor
– 2 x Bibs
– 1 x Pen
– 1 x Vitamin E swab
– 2 x finger Wipes
– Consent Form
1. Sit client upright in treatment chair. Go through the disclaimer with them and ask them to sign it. (Note set up the chair first and set up the lamp etc while your client reads the consent form.
2. Open your teeth shade set; decide with the client the current shade of their darkest teeth. Write this down on the disclaimer form.
3. Offer the client their teeth whitening kit and ask them to put on the bib. Show client how to use the cheek retractor using your demonstration retractor and demonstrate how they should apply the gel to the visible front teeth only avoiding the gum area using your demo pen. (IMPORTANT: At no point should you touch your client’s teeth or mouth)
4. Now ask the client to remove their cheek retractor from their bag to them for them to insert. (see second image below)
5. Ask your client to open a finger wipe sachet and ask your them to Rub the front of their teeth by placing their finger into the wipe and using the blue side on the teeth, they may then discard into the rubbish bag in the kit.
6. Ask your client to open the gel pen and twist until gel covers the brush head. Pass the client a hand held mirror and ask them to start with the top teeth making sure each tooth is thoroughly covered including in between the teeth going as close to the gum line as possible without covering the gum. The applicator will probably need twisting and reloading every two to three teeth. After they have applied the gel to half of top teeth do the same for the bottom set.
7. Have a quick look and make sure the client has even cover and has not missed any areas.
8. Fully recline your client and position the light head so it is pointing directly onto the exposed teeth roughly 2-3cm away from the cheek retractor
9. Explain to the client that if they feel any sharp pain in their teeth that they should let you know (Cease the treatment and ask the client to rinse thoroughly and then brush their teeth if they report a sharp pain. They should also book into see a dentist as this may be a sign of a cavity)
10. Pass the client the protective glasses for them to put on then turn on your light and wait 20-25 minutes
11. Turn off the light and sit your client up. Ask them to rinse their mouth and brush lightly with a tooth brush but NO toothpaste or use the finger wipe. (the gel will only remain active for around 20-25 minutes so you will need a fresh application for the next session)
12. Repeat from step 3 offering the client a fresh bib. If the client is experiencing slight gum sensitivity use the vitamin E swab.
13. Ask your client to decide the new darkest and lightest shade of their teeth.
14. Tell your client NOT to consume tea, coffee, red wine, curry or anything that would stain a white shirt for 12 hours. Enjoy their new smile!
Celebrity Whitening treatment systems are available from: http://celebritywhitening.com.au